Friday, November 26, 2010

Through the fog

Yesterday was Thanksgiving and we had my sister and my friend with her seven children over!  It was quite pleasant considering there were 14 kids in the house.  Gramma handled it very well and spent most of her time out and about with the rest of us.  She was impressed by the amount and quality of the food and ate every bite of her meal.  She was still experiencing a lot of pain in her legs but continued to be positive about it. 

My sister thought Gramma was confused all day because she acted as though she didn't know who she was.  She kept asking my sister if some of these kids were hers, which is strange because my sister is 23, never married and no kids.  She has dismissed Gramma's salvation as "crazy dementia", but she says she is glad she's happy.  I couldn't figure out why Gramma would be confused about my sister because she had been asking about her all week in anticipation of her coming to dinner.  She wanted to share God's love with her and pray that she come to accept Him back into her life.  After my sister left, Gramma asked me why she hadn't come to dinner.  She mentioned that she never wants to come and see her.  It turns out that she hadn't recognized my sister (sad considering she just lives in Cartersville) and thought she hadn't come.  It spoke to me spiritually.  Timing is everything when it comes to the things of God!

Last night, when I got her comfortably in bed, she grabbed my hand and stroked it while telling me how wonderful I am to her.  She said she never knew how much she needed to be here and she said God did this for her.  She looked at me and said "You know I'll die here?"  I told her I knew and it was ok because that is why I brought her here.  I explained that I had just wanted her to know the love of Christ, one way or another, before the end of her days.

Today was special in its own way.  Gramma was aggravated with the noise level in the house and stayed in her room until our friends Dossie and Melissa left with their two children.  During that time, a neighbor came to introduce herself so that our children might play together.  While keeping confidence, I can say that it was obvious she had some substance issues in her life.  She "accidentally walked into Gramma's room and started to walk out while apologizing.  Then, for no reason, out of curiosity, she went back in and introduced herself.  Gramma smiled and grabbed her hand and spoke so sweetly to her.  The girl sat on her bed and listened as Gramma blessed her and told her about God's love.  She told her that good things would come to her.  The girl was crying and asked if she could come back and sit with her.  She said she wants to listen to her.  Then, she encouraged us to write down what she says!! She said there was no reason for her to have walked into that room, but she had been drawn in by her.  Melissa told her that she was meant to have been there! It was sweet.

It amazes me how Gramma can go from confusion to hearing a clear message from the Spirit and relay that message just the way the Lord would have it said!  I am blessed to be a vessel for Gramma's ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment