Monday, November 22, 2010

Overcome by the Spirit

And His name shall be called Wonderful,Counsellor, Mighty God, everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

 Today Gramma woke up in a lot of pain. In fact, she went to bed that way but told me the Lord told her she'd make it!  I could tell she was really hurting and I asked her if she was willing to take some pain medication.  She agreed that she was in a lot of pain and needed to take it, knowing it would likely increase confusion. 


Gramma was most certainly confused within an hour of taking the medication.  We figured she would spend the day sleeping.  Instead, she chose to hang with Ayana in the living room.  She looked Ayana in the eye and told her there was a "man" interested in her but was bad for her.  She told her many things about this boy and described his personal and physical characteristics.  It was a confirmation to something my husband had been telling us for months.  When she was through telling Ayana all she had to say, she went back to bed and has been "loopy" since then. 

Our days have been filled with experiencing Gramma's revelation that He has always known her and He loved her right away.  She says she has been to the cross where he was crucified and she saw Him cry.  The cross means more to her than I've ever realized through my own salvation.  She told me that the people there were His people, HER people, but they didn't know.  He told her that they WILL know, and she says "Now I know!" with a smile! 

I cry every time she steps outside and looks to the heavens and says "Do you see Him? He's all over!" as she waves her hand across the sky, supporting herself by her walker with the other.  She smiles and says "Thank you!"

The tears in her eyes are real, her salvation is real and her testimony is humbling.  I thank God that He chose ME to be here with her now.  I feel so humbled that a woman that openly rejected God, rejected Christ and was angry at the mention of His name, has an appreciation for the Awesomeness of Almighty God that I have not expressed in my own 14 years of salvation.  He truly is a mighty God!

No comments:

Post a Comment