Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Peace

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

Gramma was still in a lot of pain today and, for a moment, it seemed she may have forgotten how to walk.  She has vascular dementia which is similar to having Alzheimer's disease so this is not unlikely.  I never know which will be her last day because she has many blood clots in her brain and will either wither away from the dementia, which we have seen happening, she could have many small strokes or she could have one massive stroke.  My prayer is that she will be called home peacefully in her sleep and not suffer.  I suppose this is all of our prayer for the end of life. 

She is well aware that her time is soon and has expressed her peace with this since receiving Christ as her Messiah.  She says He told her it would be soon, but not yet, not today!  She says He has shown her heaven and He said she will be with Him there.  She says she has spoken to my mother that passed in 2004.  She was a believer, the only one of her siblings, so far!  She told me my mom was beautiful and tall and blond and she doesn't cry.  During the time she claims to have gone to Heaven, she was in the car and seemed to be babbling.  Then she said, "Who are all these people?  Who are they?  No one is crying here.  You told me you would take me to Heaven if I needed it and you knew I needed to see it!"  She seemed as if she didn't even realize we were there with her.  After this encounter, she had peace about death.  Now death to her means new life!

In her pain today, I asked her if she had spoken to God about it (this is what she asked a man at Bethel with shingles) and she stopped and prayed.  Immediately, she was happy and began to go on and on about the things of God.  She was not complaining of her pain, although it was obvious she still had it.  She said "He told me it will be ok with me!"  This statement seemed enough for her and she was satisfied.

I am no longer worried about her death.  She is so confident of heaven and everlasting life that I know death will be a joyous homecoming and reunion for her.  When she heard the news about North Korea and South Korea and all of the other problems in the World, she said she believed it may be the end of the World.  We discussed this for a moment and I explained that it didn't bother me because I have the hope of salvation and the rapture of the church.  She said, as if I hadn't known, "Not everyone is going to get to go!" She was shaking her head and pointing.  This just reassures me that she gets it!  I pray that those I love, that you love, will come to know the hope of salvation, amazing grace and the peace that passes all understanding.  The day of the Lord is at hand and He is coming for His bride!

Gloria, our friend, Gramma's new friend, from Crossroads came to see her today.  She was overjoyed when Gloria walked in the room and gave her a big hug and kiss.  She lit up and was stroking Gloria's arm.  She was laying in bed due to the pain in her legs but went on visiting without complaining and filled with delight that Gloria had come to spend time with her.  I pray I have this same appreciation for the people in my life.  It is special to be thought of!  I encourage you all to spend time with an elderly person.  Many of them sit in nursing homes with no visitors, not even family.  No one wants to feel they are not worth visiting.  Go regularly and remember their names.  Bring them the hope and the peace that you have through Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment